Monday, February 22, 2021

Ai Watercolor Weekend March 5, 2021

 



Hello,

I made this card for the Art Impressions Watercolor Weekend. You can check out the Ai blog to see what my teammates and I make twice a month. If you would like to try out this card, first stamp the chest from the 4604 Chest Set inked in brown Tombow 969 then 565 and stamp it off on a piece of scratch paper first. Next stamp the elf from the 5125 Elves Set inked in 969 and using the stamp positioner. Then use a pencil to draw in some gold coins and to draw in lines for the rainbow. Drag the color out of the lines on the chest then watercolor the lid inside with 565 and the band and lock in 969. The chest itself is watercolored with 177. I used the blue Tombow Twintone to color in the lock and draw back the lines in the chest lid. I painted the coins with Gold watercolor then outlined them with a fine tip Copic marker. Color your rainbow in the correct order using ROYGBV - Tombow 885, Marvy 49, Marvy 43, Tombow 177, Tombow 526, Tombow 679. Paint a little sky with the 526. Color the elf's hair Marvy 49. His pants and hat are 177. His shirt is 679 but then I drew stripes with the blue Tombow Twintone pen. His shoes and skin is 969. Don't forget a little blush on his cheek with the 885 and draw his eyelash in with the blue Tombow Twintone. Stamp the grasses from the 5007 Foliage Set 3 in the 177.  Use 565 for some shadows under the grasses and chest. The sentiment is from the Shamrock Set 5006. I used the 5063 Rectangle Double Stitched Dies and 5065 Oval Double Stitched Dies for the background pieces. Happy Saint Patrick's Day!


Supplies used:

Guest Designing for Art Impressions March 31, 2024

  Hello, It's been a while since I posted on my blog. I get to be a guest designer on the Art Impressions blog this weekend and was insp...