Friday, March 15, 2019

Watercolor Weekend March 16, 2019



Hello Watercolor Friends,

You may think it's a little early for beach scene cards but my three grandsons, Conor, Caide and Charlie, are in Hawaii right now probably in a similar scene.  Lucky boys!  I made this card for the Art Impressions Watercolor Weekend using the brand new 5119 - WC Beach Boys Set. There's also a WC Beach Girls set which I have to get!  The first thing I did was stamp the boy in the middle (Caide) using 40 brownish grey.  Next I stamped the beach ball and then masked it off and stamped the standing boy (Conor) also in the 40 brownish grey.  I stamped the third boy (Charlie) again in the 40 brownish grey.  I used 77 pastel peach on the palette to watercolor each boy.  I used 6 brown to color in the hair of the boy in the middle.  I used 969 brown for the other two boys' hair.  Coloring their trunks was fun.  First I added the stripes and flowers using my favorite Copic Multi Liner 0.03 pen.  I colored the trunks and beach ball using the 5 yellow, 565 blue, 725 pink, and 34 pale green. I used the 969 brown to color in the shovel handle and 40 brownish grey for the actual shovel. I used 990 to watercolor in the sand and 565 to color in the water and 36 manganese blue for the sky.  I added 565 blue to the palette to watercolor in the shadows under the ball and kids. I used the 40 brownish grey fine tip to add the dots to the sand. I stamped 3 of the birds using the 40 brownish grey from the 5069 - My Fortress Set. I used a Signo White Pigment Ink pen to add white caps into the ocean, the high light on the ball and dotted the centers of the flowers on the swim trunks.  I used my Copic pen to sign and date it.  I cut it out and framed it using the 5062 Double Stitched Rounded Rectangle Dies and a rounded corner punch for the card itself.

You can find more inspiration by following me on my Instagram account here.

Supplies used:

Guest Designing for Art Impressions March 31, 2024

  Hello, It's been a while since I posted on my blog. I get to be a guest designer on the Art Impressions blog this weekend and was insp...