Thursday, March 28, 2019

Outdoor Scenes Challenge March 28, 2019




Hello Friends,

Art Impressions has just released brand new Bible Journaling Stamps and I use mine for both cards and my bible journaling.  They all work together for so many wonderful scenes!  I used the brand new 5130 - On the Sparrow Set - 10 pcs to make my card for the Outdoor Scenes Challenge on the Art Impression's blog.  I love the size of the birds - bigger than all of the other watercolor bird stamps  until now. I actually picked my background papers and card layout before I stamped my scene this time and used the colors from that paper pad to choose the marker colors.  Usually, I do it the other way around. To make this card base, take two cards and glue the back cover of one to the inside of the other one which gives you the three paneled card.  I cut the orange paper using the 5063 - Double Stitched Rectangle die and attached it to the front of the card. Then I used the 5065 - Double Stitched oval die set to cut through both layers of that front panel. Then I got to work on my watercolored scene.

I inked up the birds in the branches using first the 969 and then the 565 but I stamped it off on paper first because those Tombow markers are really juicy.  I used the stamp positioner to stamp the nest on the branch.  I pulled the color out of the lines and then I stamped the leaves from 5073 - Bible Foliage Set using the 177. I added water to them then I stamped the berries from the 5130 - On the Sparrow Set using the 88 terra cotta.  I colored in the bird breasts in the terra cotta from the palette and their bodies in 565.  I used 993 to color in the beaks and feet of the birds.  I colored the eggs in 34 pale green and then used the tip of the #1 brush to dot the eggs with 969 and color in the nest and branches. I used 75 sky blue to paint the sky.  I stamped the sentiment from the 5136 - WC Sentiment Set 2 in 969 and signed it with my Copic 0.03 multi liner pen.  I used a Nuvo glitter pen to add glitter to the eggs, berries and birds.  I used the 5063 - Double Rectangle die set to cut out my scene.  I cut out the sentiments using the 5061 - Double Stitched Square die set for one and the Double Stitched Oval die set for the other.

You can find more inspiration by following me on my Instagram account here.

Supplies used:

Guest Designing for Art Impressions March 31, 2024

  Hello, It's been a while since I posted on my blog. I get to be a guest designer on the Art Impressions blog this weekend and was insp...