Thursday, August 17, 2017

Watercolor Weekend August 19, 2017



Hello Art Impressions watercolor fans,

I have never been to England but my craft room is decorated in the shabby chic style and we have always called it the "cottage" room.  I made this birthday card using the English Cottage from the AI Watercolor Series 6 Set 1 - 3497 for the bi-monthly Watercolor Weekend Roundup.

I've often wondered why I hadn't seen the little bridge stamp set which is included in Set 1 - 3497 used on any cards in the AI watercolor cards on Pinterest.  I've seen several with the big bridge, but none with the little bridge.  You can follow my Pinterest board by clicking on this link.

Sometimes my best cards happen when I have to stop half way and go back to it later.  I love how this one turned out when I came back to it.  Maybe because it had dried completely?  I ended up stamping more leaves with olive green to the trees and then I added the flowers.  I added the shade to the water under the bridge and I made the Happy Birthday banner using my Brother label maker.

If you have made a card with the small bridge, please tag me @dotjiris in it so I can see how you used it.  I plan to use every one of my AI watercolor stamps again and again in different ways and colors. What other stamps do you get to use more than a few times?  Such a bargain for the money and super fun.  I seriously want them all!

I used these products from Art Impressions to make this birthday card:
AI Watercolor Series 6 Set 1 - 3497
The tree from the Old Barn Mini Set 4807
The leaves and the grass from the Foliage Set 1 - 4051
The ivy from the Foliage Set 2 - 4867
The flowers from the Flower Set 2 - 4868
Acrylic Blocks 4773

Marvy LePlume II Pens

Tombow 249 green pen
Tim-Holtz 4.25-X-5.5-Distress Watercolor Cardstock




💙💙💙




Hello, I finally made a Halloween card this year and loved how it turned out. It's from the Art Impressions stamp set 5602  - Spooky Hou...