Friday, February 1, 2019

Watercolor Weekend February 2, 2019



Hello Watercolor Friends,

I made this Valentine's Day card for the Art Impressions Watercolor Weekend. I stamped the little girl from the Little Girls set and little boy from the Little Boys set in brownish grey.  I feel it doesn't spread much when you add water so it's pretty perfect to use for the kids.  Then I colored the little girl and boy's skin in from the palette using pastel peach. I used 725 to watercolor in the hat and shorts on the little girl and African violet to color in the boy's overalls.  I colored their hair from the palette using 969.  I added stripes to the boys shirt using 177.  I stamped in the tree trunk from the Fairy Door set with 969 then stamped in the leaves using 177.  I pulled the color out of the lines and added more 969 to the trunk of the tree from the palette.  I added grass from the Foliage Set 1 and pulled the color out of the lines with a wet brush.  I stamped the flowers from Flower Set 2 using the 177 for the stems and aubergine for the flowers.  After I added water, I ended up re-stamping just the flowers again because the flowers washed out too much and I used the tip of the 177 to draw in more stems. I added a lot of water to some African violet on the palette and colored in the sky and the shadows under the kids on the ground and on their white shirts.  I used the sentiment from Love is in the Air stamp set by only coloring the "Happy" in 969, then I cleaned the stamp and only colored in the "Valentine's Day" with the 969 so it would all fit on the bottom.  I used aubergine to paint in the little flowers on the girl's shirt. I used the Rectangle Stitched Dies to cut out my picture and a background piece, then I glued it all to the card base. I finished it all off by glueing on the three sparkly hearts.

Be sure to check out my Art Impressions Watercolor Guest Designer teammates' beautiful work! Tricia Kennedy @Triciadollkennedy and Tricia Obin @Tobin0971 You can find more inspiration by following me on my Instagram account here.

Supplies used:


Guest Designing for Art Impressions March 31, 2024

  Hello, It's been a while since I posted on my blog. I get to be a guest designer on the Art Impressions blog this weekend and was insp...