Thursday, September 1, 2022

Ai Watercolor Weekend Sep 3, 2022

 

Hello,

I made this Christmas card using the new 5013 Doors and Stockings Set from Art Impressions for my project for the Watercolor Weekend. I got the idea to add the lighted window above the door from a Christmas Card I saw on Pinterest so I used a ruler and drew the top part in with a pencil. So if you want to try this one, first ink the door using Tombow 969 then 565, stamp it off on scrap paper first, then stamp it on your watercolor paper. I wanted a light on both sides so I cleaned off the stamp, then used a positioner, inked up just the light and put it on the left side of the door. I used the siding from the 5019 Wall Texture Set inked in 565 but stamped it off first. The trees are from the 4960 Fir Trees Set. Ink up the trunks in the 969 and stamp them on either side. Use the branches inked in 249. Use a ruler to add lines to the door with 565. Color the portico with 158.  Color the windows and lights with 055 and 993. Color the light housings with N25. Color the door handle with 969. Use the foliage from the 5009 Mini Flower Set inked in 249 to create the wreath and garland. Use the 856 fine tip point to make the red berries. Use 856 to create the wreath bow. Use Dr Ph Martin's bleed proof paint to add the snow on the roof, trees and garland. Use 565 to create the shadows. The bunny from the 4874 Bunnies Set is inked with 565 and then colored with a little mix of 969 and 565. The ear and cheek are 803. Darken the eye and nose of the bunny with a black or grey fine tip pen. Cut it out with the 5063 A2 Double Stitched Dies.

Supplies used:

Guest Designing for Art Impressions March 31, 2024

  Hello, It's been a while since I posted on my blog. I get to be a guest designer on the Art Impressions blog this weekend and was insp...