Thursday, December 16, 2021

Ai Watercolor Weekend, December 17, 2021

 

Hello,

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE all of the Art Impressions Foundations? They make it so easy to make a great card that looks like it was tons of work. I love how this Valentine's Day card turned out. I kept all of the watering cans grey with red accents until the end when I added the enamel hearts. I didn't want it to be too busy. So if you want to make it, stamp the 5469 Watering Cans using a Misti inked in Memento London Fog ink. I used Strathmore Bristol Vellum paper that I buy from Michaels or Hobby Lobby when it's on sale. I just love how easy the ink blends on it. Color the watering cans in with Tombow N25, leaving the striped accents till the end because when you use red and then you get too close, the red will really spread. Stamp the raccoon and the squirrel inked in 969 using the Stamp Positioner. Color the raccoon with N25 and the squirrel in with 969. Give the squirrel a pink cheek using 847. Use a fine tip black pen to darken the animal's eyes, nose, mouth and then add some whiskers. The flowers are all from the brand new 5475 Flower Set 6 inked in 177 for the stems and leaves.The flowers are inked in 847, 993 and 685 but of course you can use whatever flowers and colors you have to fill the pots. The pole is colored in 969 but be sure to the leave the highlight in the center so it looks round. The grass is from the original Foliage Set 1 inked in 177. I then added more N25 to the sides of the pots before adding the lined accents with the 847. The sentiment is from the In the Air Set 4753. I finally got to use the new 5463 Slimline Dies Set but I did have to cut the papers on one end shorter by lining it up with the side lines and running it through the die cut machine again because I didn't cut the original piece long enough.  

Supplies used:


Guest Designing for Art Impressions March 31, 2024

  Hello, It's been a while since I posted on my blog. I get to be a guest designer on the Art Impressions blog this weekend and was insp...